OK so Ava is almost 2 and she has become a horrible napper all of a sudden. She can be so tired and sleepy and still will fight to stay awake. Today was another struggle. Finally, I laid her in her bed fussing and all and closed the door. After about 2 minutes there was complete silence and this is what I saw.... She was out and will be out usually for 2 -3 hours. So I know she is tired!!! I have tried reading to her, TV, music, singing and she will not give up to go to sleep. I know it's a little late to start complaining now, but if anyone has suggestions I would try anything at this point.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Hey I think you did exactly what I would have done! Put her in bed and close the door!
If you are like me I NEED THOSE NAP TIMES!
Hope she gets back into the swing of things soon!!!
Not my Ava, she is such a sweet girl...she would NEVER give her momma a hard time!!
I agree with Krystal, you did exactly the right thing or at least what I would have done! You NEED those nap time just for some momma time!
You're a GREAT mom and doing terrific with 2 kidos! I love you!!
Candy,
I love looking at your blog and keeping up with the kids! They are soooo precious! I think you are a wonderful mom and are doing such a great job with them. I enjoyed so much staying home with my kids before they started to school. I think it gives them a great foundation for life! I miss you very much, but I'm happy that you get to spend this time with your babies because believe me, they grow up so fast! Oh, by the way, that's what I would have done with my kids re: nap time. They go through different phases and Ava is probably going through the "I don't want to take a nap" phase right now to see if Mom will let her get by without taking one. Stick to your guns! Love ya!
Ros~ Thank you so much for the sweet words. I am glad your enjoing it!! Oh my goodness I miss you all so much! I am loving staying at home, this was my dream as a mom, and a wife. I fell very lucky!! It just seems like yesterday I was at work pregnant w/ Ava...she is going to be 2 in Dec...I can't believe it!! You are soooo right time just flies by. Miss you bunches!! Keep in Touch.
What a doll Ava is! I agree with everyone else. You had to do what you had to do to get her to nap.
Michael (hubby) was one not to take naps either. I only hope our baby is a nap taker. Maybe the baby will take after me. I love naps.
Hang in there! It's just so much more fun being with Mama than going to sleep...Ben still cries about half the time when I leave him in bed for his nap, then a few minutes later he's passed out. It's worth a few minutes of crying to get a couple hours of sleep! You need the break, too :)
Post a Comment